September 25, 2012 ·1 Comments
Title: Partnership Project Manager for FGM abandonment Project through Women-to-Women Initiative
UNICEF/ ANPPCAN -SOM
Location: Awdal and Sahil regions with possible expansion to other regions
Reporting to: The Director of Programs
Directly responsible for The post holder will directly manage the Field Officers and Supervisors of FGM project through W2W Initiative
Duty Station: Hargeisa (Somaliland) with frequent travel to regions
African Network for the Prevention and Protection Against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) is a Pan-African child rights organization concerned with the status of children in general and particularly those in need of protection. It was founded in 1986 in Enugu, Nigeria during the first African Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect. ANPPCAN has had an observer status with the African Union (AU) since 1990 and regularly attends the meetings of The African Commission on Human and People’s Rights.
ANPPCAN-SOM is affiliated with the ANPPCAN and is registered in Somaliland as a Non-governmental and non-profit humanitarian organization with its headquarters in Hargeisa, Somaliland and close collaboration and partnership With government line ministries, SOLNAC, UNICEF, UNFPA, WFP, IGAAD, IOM, SCF, Local organization and Academic institution.
ANPPCAN-SOM is seeking to recruit motivated, dynamic, pro-active and experienced candidates to fill this position. ANPPCAN -SOM is an organization that offers exciting career opportunities in addition to a competitive and attractive employment package.
The FGM Abandonment project goal is to accelerate reduction of FGM prevalence rate in Somaliland through empowering women to effectively contribute and participate in the advocacy on FGM/C Abandonment in Somaliland.
OVERALL FUNCTIONS OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
1. Provides overall management for the FGM Pilot Programme in Awdal and Sahil regions, ensuring good financial and general administration of programme, staff, finances and assets
2. Represents ANPPCAN-SOM in the promotion of excellent relationships with the local communities, central and local government agencies, local and international organizations and other partners.
3. Maintains good communications with all the project staff and with the ANPPCAN-SOM Management team.
Provides overall management for the FGM Pilot Programme in Awdal and Sahil ensuring good financial and general administration of Programme staff and assets
• Prepare quarterly and annual work plans in accordance with project proposals and budgets
• Ensure that activities are implemented and outputs/results produced in accordance with project objectives and targets
• Provide management and technical support to the Project/Programme staff
• Respond to and communicate to Director of Programs on internal and external influences which affect or have the potential to affect Programme progress
• Ensure that the Programme is effectively monitored and evaluated
• Report to the DOP on the progress and problems of the Programme in accordance with ANPPCAN program and national/international guidelines
• Provide leadership in the execution of ongoing, on-site monitoring and evaluation plan of the Programme
• Co-ordinate all recruitment, induction, training and performance appraisal of staff and promote team-building activities and carry out conflict resolution, as necessary
• Liaise with the director of programmes and field staff to develop funding proposals and represent ANPPCAN-SOM in partner meetings where deemed necessary.
• Prepare regular progress reports and consolidated annual report based program achievement , best practice and lesson learn
Represents ANPPCAN-SOM in the promotion of excellent relationships with the local communities, central and local government agencies, local and international organizations and other partners.
• Takes the lead role in capacity building of women and girls, local communities and different project staff
• Attend meetings on behalf of ANPPCAN with other agencies or networks in Awdal and Sahil and elsewhere in Somaliland
• Where deemed appropriate, the PM will travel to Nairobi to represent the organization in Somaliland programming to ensure all donor requirements are addressed in a timely manner, as agreed with the DOP.
• Give quarterly programme updates to the DOP and Administrative Board regarding implementation, identify any existing gaps and suggest any appropriate remedial measures.
Maintains good communications with all the project staff and with the ANPPCAN
SOM Management team and Board
• Offer continuous technical and programmatic support to the project staff and strengthen their capacity through routine trainings.
• Keep record of and follow up with counterparts/ partners regarding financial, personnel and material commitments to ensure program implementation is not interfered with.
• Support the finance team to ensure auditors’ recommendations are well implemented.
• Plan and facilitate project closure meetings with Donors and other stakeholders and support program & administrative staff to carry out all administrative and technical tasks necessary for the closure of the projects including preparation of any project closure documents.
• Degree in social science or equivalent disciplines such as public health, nursing or midwifery
• Minimum 3 years of experience in development work
• Experience with communities at the grassroots level
• Experience of FGM activities in Somaliland
• Excellent report writing, computer skills and communication skills (Somali and English)
• Proactive, strategic thinking, ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a team
Applicants are requested to send in their application with their resume, three reference persons and an indication of their last salary before 1st October 2012 preferably by email at email@example.com. Only Female applicants are accepted.
N.B. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted