Vacancy:IGAD-Sheikh Technical Veterinary School (ISTVS) Logistician Job Description
September 18, 2012 ·
IGAD-Sheikh Technical Veterinary School (ISTVS) Logistician Job Description
|Reports to: Administrator
|Duty Station: Sheikh
ISTVS is a regional institution aiming to provide Somali people with better veterinary services that will protect public health, improve livestock production and animal welfare, and sustain livestock export. The institution is situated in Sheikh, Somaliland.
ISTVS aims to operate as a recognised veterinary school and reference centre educating young professionals and meeting the livestock industry demands for technical services.
The school, open to all people of Somali origin between the ages of 18-25 years, offers a 3 year residential course awarding diplomas in Livestock Health Sciences (DLH) and Livestock Products Development and Entrepreneurship (DLPDE). In order to enhance the STVS administration, the position of a logistician has been established as a supporting arm so as to consolidate the growing logistical needs of the school. We are therefore looking for a person that will meet our requirements as per the terms of reference (ToRs) and minimum qualifications below:-
Terms of reference (ToRs):
- Assist the administrator in procurement, that is, in preparation of quotation requests, purchase requests, LPOs and price analysis.
- Monitoring records of vehicle usage and fuel purchases, including spares replacement and maintenance schedule.
- Monitoring records of generator usage and fuel purchases, including spares replacement and maintenance schedule.
- In collaboration with the administrator, to develop a record keeping system for the school infrastructure (classrooms, office blocks, student halls, laboratories, computer lab, reference centre block, toilet blocks, mosque, cafeteria, etc) and maintenance schedule.
- In charge of general maintenance (including building, plumbing, electrical, solar street lights, solar batteries, photocopier, printer, etc) and advising administrator on risk assessment.
- Manage ISTVS laboratory and consumables stores and keep the inventory records updated.
- Assisting the administration in the update of ISTVS general inventory.
- Assist the administrator in organising logistical arrangements for conferences, field trips, meetings and graduation held at ISTVS compounds and/or in Hargeisa.
- Support administrator on immigration procedures.
Reporting to: The ISTVS Administrator
- Possess at least a high school education certificate, with ability to read and write in English.
- Possess a clean driving licence with at least 3 years experience.
- Must be computer literate able to work with MS-Office packages, excel, word, power-point and email.
- Knowledge of immigration rules, requirements and procedures for visa application and work permit processing.
- Basic knowledge in general maintenance (vehicles, building, plumbing and electrical).
- Personal attributes: Ability to exercise honesty at all times and team player.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com on or before 30th Sep 2012.
Indicate the title of the position you are applying in the subject of the e-mail
Applications will only be accepted at this e-mail address before the deadline stated above.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tags: Sheik vertenary School, Somaliland, vacancy