Vacancy:BBC MEDIA ACTION,Project Coordinator
September 25, 2012 ·
Call for Applications – Project Coordinator
BBC Media Action (BBCMA) uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, BBCMA partners with civil society, local media and governments to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues, and to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
We seek applications from experienced individuals for the position of Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, the Project Coordinator will coordinate BBCMA’s flagship health project in Somaliland/ Somalia to ensure implementation in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with donor contracts and to BBCMA standards.
- Coordinate project delivery on time, to budget and to the highest standards.
- Supervise the project workplan, staff and resources, amending as required in the face of changing, or conflicting, priorities.
- Line manages the production team.
- Take editorial leadership, ensuring programme outputs adhere to BBC editorial guidelines.
- Budget supervision, including quarterly forecasting and cost control.
- Set up robust systems as needed to review project outputs and ensure quality.
- Participate in the design and coordination of monitoring and evaluation and conduct structured feedback sessions, adjusting project delivery as necessary.
- Liaison with BBC Somali Service.
- Develop sound working relationships with media, NGO, ministry and donor counterparts.
- Ensure that the project adheres to contractual obligations, including procurement and visibility guidelines, and legislation by which the project is bound.
- Quarterly travel to Garowe and Nairobi for advisory group and management meetings.
- Compile narrative and management reports for the project.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Five years experience with an INGO in comparable roles, having held responsibility for project delivery in latest role and ideally with thematic specialization in health.
- Relevant tertiary education qualifications.
- Experience of managing large budgets and diverse teams of creative and support staff.
- Experience of radio production and understanding of communications in development desirable.
- Ability to work with initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet user skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and ideally Somali.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV together with a covering letter which explains why s/he is best suited to the role to the following address: email@example.com with the subject title “Application PC”. The closing date for applications is 2nd October 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tags: BBC MEDIA ACTION, vacancy