Vacancy: BBC MEDIA ACTION,Project Officer
September 25, 2012 ·
Call for Applications – Project Officer
BBC Media Action (BBCMA) uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, BBCMA partners with civil society, local media and governments to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues, and to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
We seek applications from experienced individuals for the position of Project Officer
The Project Officer supports BBCMA’s health projects in Somaliland/ Somalia to ensure they are implemented in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with donor contracts and to BBCMA standards.
- Day to day co-ordination of activities in accordance with work plans (including meetings, trainings, workshops, field visits, meetings etc.)
- Liaise with discussion group host organisations and moderators, to monitor this activity and to collect the feedback from these groups and provide to the production team and to project management.
- Support the creation and dissemination of context relevant media tool kits.
- Liaise with the research team regarding all research activities within the projects to ensure delivery within planned times and provision of any necessary assistance to them.
- Co-ordinate iLearn activities associated with the projects.
- Work closely with the Nairobi-based Translator. Ensure on-time delivery of weekly transcripts to the English speaking project team and closely monitor the use of the translation budget.
- Internal monitoring of project activities.
- Drafting of narrative reports and other reports as required.
- General administrative and filing support.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience with an INGO in a project role, with thematic specialisation in health.
- Relevant tertiary education qualifications.
- Strong understanding of Somali health sector.
- Experience of working with civil society.
- A demonstrable understanding of the role of media and communications in development is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work with initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet user skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV together with a signed covering letter which explains why s/he is best suited to the role to the following address: email@example.com with the subject title “Application Project Officer” or deliver them by hand to the Hargeisa BBC Media Action office. The closing date for applications is 2nd October 2012. This is a re-advertisement. Those who have applied already need not re-appply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tags: BBC MEDIA ACTION, vacancy