September 13, 2012 ·3 Comments
President H.E Ahmed Mahmoud Silanyo has today issued a Presidential decree N0: 0264/092012, banning all governmental personnel and institution in engaging elections campaign.
The institutions whose personnel and facilities are banned from taking part in the elections campaigning are as follows:
1. All Ministries
2. Armed forces
3. National secret services
4. All Non – Governmental agencies
6. National Election Commission-NEC
8. Head of Justice Commission
CC. Civil service
Presidential circular states as follows
The President of the Republic of Somaliland has attributed the banning order to various articles of the with the constitution
In accordance with
The Presidential circular bans the following institutions listed below from engaging in the election campaign;
Somaliland Armed Forces, NGO’s, Civil service personnel, Judiciary, National Justice Commission, National Election Commission, National secret services.
1. Bans the above mentioned institutions from aligning with any political party/organization or in that matter engage in local council election campaign activities covertly or overtly.
2. Bans the utilizing of property belong to the public be it in form of cash, Transport vehicles, in promoting activities to related political electioneering
3. Display elections campaign related like posters, stickers etc. on Mosques, government transport vehicles, Offices and on buildings housing foreign missions/consulates and international organizations.
Goth M Goth